Why use “Triple P” to help you parent. Are you first time parents? Are you looking for ideas or strategies to help with your little ones?
The three Ps in ‘Triple P’ stand for ‘Positive Parenting Program’ which means your family life is going to be much more enjoyable. Triple P is a parenting program but it doesn’t tell you how to be a parent. It’s more like a toolbox of ideas. You choose the strategies you need. You choose the way you want to use them. It’s all about making Triple P work for you.
Triple P helps you:
- Raise happy, confident kids
- Manage misbehaviour so everyone in the family enjoys life more
- Set rules and routines that everyone respects and follows
- Encourage behaviour you like
- Take care of yourself as a parent
- Feel confident you’re doing the right thing
Because all families are different, Triple P has a range of ways to get your positive parenting program. Choose anything from single visit consultations to public seminars; group courses to private sessions. You can even do Triple P Online, at home or wherever you like!
Primary Care One-on-One (4-5 sessions at 1 hour each) – Always available
Primary Care Triple P is designed as a brief, early intervention strategy to be offered through primary care services and other community agencies in regular contact with families of your children. Primary care services refer to those services and programs that have a wide reach in the community and are therefore readily accessible to parents.
Triple P Seminar Series – Children (2 hours each)
This is a series of presentations on positive parenting for groups of parents of preadolescent children. The seminars are designed to provide an overview and introduction to the principles of positive parenting for any interested parent. Parents learn how to use positive parenting to encourage children to learn the skills and competencies they need and to promote their health, development and well-being.
- The Power of Positive Parenting
- Raising Confident Competent Children
- Raising Resilient Children
Triple P Level 3 Discussion Group (2 hours each)
- Dealing with Disobedience
- Managing Fighting and Aggression
- Developing good bedtime routines
- Hassle-free shopping with children
Fear-Less Triple P – helping children to manage anxieties (6 – 2 hour sessions).
This course has four main goals:
- To help parents provide their children with the best possible model of anxiety management.
- To help you to help your children to become more resilient; and in particular. to learn how to express and manage difficult emotions.
- To work with you in coming up with a plan for helping your children to manage their anxiety effectively by becoming flexible thinkers and gradually facing up to their fears using a psychological principle called exposure.
- To focus on how you respond to your children’s anxiety – the way you react when any of your children become anxious.
Triple P Seminar Series -Teenagers(2 hours each)
This is a series of presentations on positive parenting for groups of parents of teenagers. The seminars are designed to provide an overview and introduction to the principles of positive parenting for any interested parent. Parents learn how to use positive parenting to encourage teenagers to learn the skills and competencies they need and to promote their health, development and wellbeing.
- Raising Responsible Teenagers
- Raising Competent Teenagers
- Getting Teenagers Connected